200g winter melon (with skin on)
1 tbsp Job's tear (barley)
1 dried scallop
10g wood ear fungus
10g Huai Shan
1 tbsp bitter almonds
3 pieces spinal ribs
1.5 litre hot water
1. Rinse (A). Cut winter melon into large pieces. Cut carrot into large dices.
2. Soak wood ear fungus in water until tender.
3. Put (A) into a stewung pot. Pour in (B).
4. Put the stewing pot into a double boiler. Cover and cook for 4 hours. Serve.
Job's tear is rich in chromium, which help to suppress insulin surges. It has been long time as a diabetes remedy.
- Please use bamboo salt to replace refined salt for cooking.