Yoga and meditation are essential for maintaining a perfect balance between the body and mind. For those who wonder how to prevent diabetes or relieve the symptoms, yoga and meditation are the techniques that can reduce the risk factors of diabetes. Although a regular workout session can help remarkably, however, yoga and meditation provide unique health benefits that effectively restore proper function and induce a healthy state of body and mind.
Yoga for Diabetes PatientsYoga for the improvement of overall well-being is gaining popularity around the world. An increasing number of people struggling against diabetes are turning to yoga in order to keep their condition under control.
- Stress is the major cause of diabetes. When you are under stress, secretion of glucagon hormones increases which is responsible for raising blood glucose levels in the body. Therefore regular practice of yoga asanas for diabetes can help reduce stress in the body and the mind.
- Sun Salutation is one recommended exercises for people suffering from diabetes. This yoga asana increases the blood supply throughout the body and improves insulin level in the body. Practice it peacefully and steadily and reap it’s many benefits.
- Sun Salutation promotes comfort and stability along with the strains and stretches in the body. It increases the blood supply and oxygen supply to the various organs and increases their functioning and efficiency. Relax your muscles and practice Sun Salutation for longer period to get good results.
- Yoga is also proven to reduce weight or control increasing weight. This is the foremost thing a diabetic patient has to keep in check. Thus, a regular yoga practice can help lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar level and keep weight controlled.
- Prayanama is one of the best yoga asanas for weight loss. It has calming effect on nervous system, mind and brain which reduces the stress level, slows the process of fat accumulation and helps combat diabetes.
- Other yoga poses that help treat diabetes are Shoulder Stand Pose, Plow Pose, Sitting Half-Spinal Twist and Corpse Pose.
Meditation for Diabetes PatientsMeditation is a divine art of relaxation. It is a technique of focusing and controlled breathing that helps relieve stress and various physical ailments. However, according to studies, meditation also helps people with diabetes.
- Calm, quiet and profound contemplation are the characteristics of mindfulness meditation that help you get rid of your worries and anxiety. Mindfulness meditation is beneficial for diabetic patients. It helps relieve depression and anxiety which are common symptoms found in people with diabetes.
- Mindfulness meditation cultivates awareness of the present while minimizing stress level and lowering the blood pressure. Whereas Transcendental meditation can help diabetic people control their blood sugar levels and reduce insulin resistance.
- Craving for sweets and sugary stuff is a common occurrence in diabetes. Therefore, meditating regularly can help drop such craving by cultivating awareness to combat the condition and help reduce weight.
Yoga and meditation are not only about the kinks, twists and breathing but they are the techniques that help prevent many physical, mental and psychological ailments. Whether it’s yoga or meditation, it's important for diabetic people to find a way to relax. So if you are looking for how to prevent diabetes or gain relief from the disease, adopt a healthy lifestyle that incorporates yoga postures and mindfulness or transcendental meditation for your well being.
We invite you to visit our Homepage for additional information on products and studies on diabetes.